I can assure you, I am not suffering from GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) nor I am going to suffer into that at all. I just think that this is the time to own a new gear for my photography. The fact is, I have not bought a camera gear (lens, body, flash. excluding accessories) since October of last year.
1. I can have an additional camera with wide angle view that takes videos too.
2. It can take timelapse photos for me without straining my dslr shutter actuators.
3. As a second camera, it is very light to carry along compared to an Ultra Wide Angle lens.
4. I can always carry it with me and I don’t have to worry if I leave my dslr as it can take good quality photos too plus the fact that with a case, it’s waterproof.
Why UWA (Ultra Wide Angle) lens?
1. It is really a must when taking landscapes like what i love to shoot considering I use a cropped body sensor dslr camera (nikon d5100). This lens allow me to capture a wider landscape on my frame. The wider the lens field of view, the more I can capture from the whole scene without getting back far. This helps when the subject is too close and you are restricted to in moving back due to some reasons.
I am leaving you with the information above. Is there an obvious choice already? Let me know your thoughts. Use the comment section below.